#navbar-iframe { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none;} THE GRAYBILLS: Bailey's New Bed

Bailey's New Bed

Saturday, November 13, 2010

Bailey is growing so fast and I find myself getting a little too excited for her to be a big girl and it ends up not working out very well for me. One day I decided it was time for Bailey to start sleeping in her big girl bed. I took down her crib and brought up her bed. The assembly ended up taking me way too long because I decided not to use my common-sense part of the brain. Anyway, after putting it almost all together then taking it all apart again, I finally got it put together the right (and safe) way. Even though she wasn't cooperating with me as I tried to take pictures of her, I think she really did like her new bed.

And as a side-note--we got these cute paintings from a neighbor who just moved in down the street. Bailey loves them!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Grumpy Bailey. She knows when I want her to look cute for pictures and I think it makes her mad :).

Photobucket

Isn't this more like the look of a grumpy teenager rather than a 20-month old baby?...

Photobucket

The part of this that doesn't work very well for me or Omai is that since putting together her toddler bed, we find her in all sorts of weird positions--most of which are NOT in her bed. She often won't stay in her bed whether it be for naps or for bedtime. One day I put her to bed, went down into the garage to clean out my car, came back inside to grab something and Bailey was sitting on the kitchen floor playing. She likes to get all her toys or books out and play with them after we put her to sleep. So we usually have to fish a bucket-full of toys out from under her before we go to sleep ourselves. She likes to play with beaded necklaces that we put in a drawer in her nightstand. It's not unusual to find her with four or five of them around her neck and she'll be curled up on the floor next to her bed. I'm terrified she's going to strangle herself. Omai found her the other morning asleep half-way under her bed. He had to lift up the bed to get her out so her head wouldn't get stuck. Even though I vowed I would never do this, she ends up sleeping in my bed most nights from about 3 AM on because she'll cry, I go check on her, she'll be asleep on the floor, she screams when I put her back in her bed, I'm sick of getting no sleep, so I just bring her in bed with me. Even though we have a California king-size bed with plenty of room for both of us, she ends up sleeping perpendicular to me with me on the edge of the bed and her feet in my back. I think we're going to resort back to her crib until we need it for another baby. This arrangement just isn't working for me.

Here is an example of one of the many ways we've found Bailey asleep.



Photobucket

0 comments: