#navbar-iframe { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none;} THE GRAYBILLS: I Love You

I Love You

Saturday, July 2, 2011

We took Bailey to the Riverton City parade tonight and had a really fun time. It took a while for the parade to start, but once it did, it kept going and going and going. There were lots of floats, vendors and groups from all over the valley. It took Bailey a while to warm up and start collecting the candy that was thrown at us, but once she got going, she collected quite the stash. We enjoyed snow cones (they said it was shaved ice, but it really wasn't--it was a bit disappointing), and I think my favorite were the roller skaters. I didn't even know people did that anymore. I thought the old school skates were history and roller blades had taken over the scene. No way. These roller skaters were awesome!! One did a trick where he rolled right in front of a moving car on his side. When I saw it happening, I was like, oh my gosh, that guy just got ran over by a car and his brains are going to be squished on the road. I guess it was all a big trick because he was totally fine (of course). Amazing!! One of the guys did a back flip for us too. Awesome!! I think I need to go to DI and find me a pair of roller skates--or maybe I'll just leave it to the experts.

When we arrived home, I got Bailey all showered up and ready for bed when we started to hear fireworks going off down the street. We could see just a little bit of them from my bedroom window so Bailey and I enjoyed the show for a while. Well, one of Bailey's new loves is having me pop her toes. I really just pull on each one individually and sometimes one of them pops. After we watched the fireworks, I took Bailey in her room to put her to bed and started popping her toes. She laughed and laughed. Then I asked her something like, "Is that fun getting your toes popped?" She replied, "popping like the fireworks!" Her eyes got really big when she said it. Oh, I just about died. How cute is she!?!

After I popped all her toes and fingers, I brushed her teeth while she laid in her bed--now that's the life isn't it!?! She reached over and kind of rubbed my tummy and said, "I Love You mom". She has never said that before without being prodded by one of us. It was the sweetest thing in the world and completely melted my heart.

1 comments:

bryce and kianna said...

That just makes my heart melt -- what a little sweetheart.