#navbar-iframe { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none;} THE GRAYBILLS: Happy Mother's Day to Me

Happy Mother's Day to Me

Sunday, May 9, 2010

Omai surprised me a couple weeks ago... we were up in the office just talking and he asked me if he could use my phone. I said sure and handed it over not sure who he was going to call. He dialed and started talking to someone, of course stating the obvious that it wasn't actually me who was calling but it was him. He asked the person if they wouldn't mind taking pictures of Bailey and I since I have about five pictures of me and Bailey together. I thought he might be calling my friend Emilie who's a photographer but then thought, no way would he be calling her, we don't have money for pictures right now. Turns out, it was Emilie on the phone and she agreed to take pictures of us. I insisted that Omai come along so we could get a few with him, but he demanded that he would not be in the pictures. It's like he doesn't like getting his picture taken or something... weird. Anyway, after I got over the shock of Omai's mysterious phone conversation, he handed the phone over to me so we could set up an appointment.

Emilie had had an Easter event where she rented bunnies to act as live props as she photographed little kids and I wanted to get a bunny for Bailey too. The weather had a hard time cooperating but we finally decided on place and time for the shoot. I had to drive down to Pleasant Grove to pick up the bunny from Kim, the girl who rents them out. The whole drive down all I could think was, please don't ask me to hold the bunny, please don't ask me to hold the bunny, please don't ask me to hold the bunny. I just don't really like animals--especially small ones that could pass as a rodent. It turned out okay because Kim didn't ask me the hold the bunny... phew. She did introduce us though and the bunny's name is Sunburst. Sunburst was in a very secure cage and Kim even put the cage in the car for me. She put it on the floor on the passenger's side so I got to look at it the whole drive back to Salt Lake. I talked to it and Bailey on the way to keep everyone happy but mostly to keep myself calm and think good thoughts about Sunburst and work into a 'be brave' mode for Bailey because I know eventually I was going to have to hold it. We got to Wheeler Farm and it was a rather blustery day. I got myself and Bailey all ready just in time for Emilie to show up. Emilie grabbed the bunny and we were off.

Bailey is loving anything soft lately--blankies, stuffed animals, her daddy. So to her, Sunburst was just another soft, cuddly thing that she could snuggle up to. Well, after a few poses with the bunny she realized that it was more than soft and cuddly--it was ALIVE and she wanted it the heck away from her. By this time, I was in full 'be brave for Bailey' mode, but I also knew I couldn't return an earless bunny to Kim so I did my darndest to prevent Bailey from ripping the poor things ear off or bolting into the nearby bushes, in the meanwhile, keep Bailey from falling off the rocking chair and keep my skirt up that was just not cooperating. After a few brave poses I had to tell Emilie just how freaked out I was at the moment and she just laughed. It is rather silly to be afraid of a little bunny, but I can't help it. I'm a wuss. Despite all the drama--well, my drama, we got some very sweet pictures. Thank you, thank you Emilie. You're amazing.

8 comments:

bryce and kianna said...

I love all of them! That is such a great present. Bailey is so adorable!

tiare said...

I LOVE THESE SO MUCH!!!!!!! I can't wait to hold her and kiss her in a month!!!!

Randi said...

they turned out sooo good! Bailey is simply put a gorgeous baby! And what a pretty mommy she has! you look like you're doing really well in the photos with the bunny, can't tell that you're freaking out but the fact that I know what you were thinking makes it really funny!

Team Beardshall said...

I want a bunny picture!!!! Glad you could finally get them done! They turned out great, and you are lookin' good for sure!

Lizzy said...

so cute!! :)

Louise said...

I usually only allow myself to think that my nieces and nephews are THE CUTEST, but Bailey's giving them a run for their money. Adorable! And you look fantastic too! Happy belated Mother's Day.

sherryandbryon said...

Oh my! These are so cute! I can't believe how big Bailey is. Time has flown by! Happy Mother's Day!

Heather said...

Seriously, so cute! What a doll!! I can't believe how big she's getting!