#navbar-iframe { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none;} THE GRAYBILLS: New Tricks

New Tricks

Sunday, May 16, 2010

We've had a full week with lots of fun activities and places to go. Yesterday was a very full day for me so Bailey spent a lot of the day with her Nana and Papa and discovered some new tricks. But before I get too far into our adventerous day, I have decided that Bailey is officially off milk. Our pediatrician recommended a no-dairy diet and for about three weeks Bailey hadn't thrown up and was doing great. Then we ran out of Rice Milk so I thought I would give 2% a try again. She did great for about two days, but then out it all came yesterday morning. When she woke up I gave her the milk with a little Chocolate Carnation Instant breakfast mixed in and I went to take a quick shower. When I went in to get her I thought it a little strange she was being so quiet. At first glance I thought she had spilled her milk all over the place, but as I looked a little closer I saw it was throw up. The poor thing had been laying there for about 15 minutes like that. I felt terrible. She also had a poopy diaper so into the bath she went but Bailey was not having it. She wanted me to hold her, but my only thought was to prevent getting throw up and poop everywhere. Bailey wanted out of the bath so bad that out came her first trick of the day--pulling herself up to a standing position. I was so proud of her, but couldn't really relish in the moment between her screaming and trying to clean her up. After getting all cleaned up we were off for the day. I had a photography workshop to go to so I dropped Bailey off at the Graybills. I was in the kitchen and Bailey was at the bottom of the stairs. She was so eager to get to me so she figured she would just climb up the stairs--ta da--trick #2.

These new talents made something click in Bailey's brain that she can do whatever she wants and the world is hers. So her third trick of the day--getting into every cupboard possible and pulling everything out of it to discover it's contents. I thought my life was pretty much over when she started to crawl, but now that stairs have increased the size of her world 100%, baby gates are my new best friend.



After my workshop I went to a bridal shower for Brianna, Zane's fiance. (Yes!! they are finally engaged). They're getting married June 5th and we are so excited for them. And to keep the romantic theme going, we had a BBQ and invited my sister to meet a guy in our ward who's also single. I think it went pretty well so we'll see how things go.

1 comments:

Miller Family said...

she is so cute! hearing your voice on the video made me miss you. cory and i don't talk because we think we sound like idiots, but you just sound like nickie.