#navbar-iframe { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none;} THE GRAYBILLS: Bear Lake Half Marathon [plus] Food Poisoning [equals] My Weekend

Bear Lake Half Marathon [plus] Food Poisoning [equals] My Weekend

Sunday, June 13, 2010



Let me just start by saying that this image doesn't represent my weekend entirely, only what could've been.

My whole family traveled up to Bear Lake to support Tyra and Paige as they ran the Bear Lake Half Marathon on June 12th. They had been training for a few months and were excited for their first long race. I decided to join them in the race but, however, was too lazy to train for it and too poor to pay for it. I thought I would just see how I could do. My big mistake was to have my celebration meal (an Arctic Circle #8) the day before the race rather than after. I felt fine until 6:00 AM the day of the race, but then my stomach started to turn flips and I felt horrible. Needless to say, there definitely weren't enough green John's along the route. My family met us along the route at quite a few places and I kept thinking how nice it would be to call it quits, jump in the van, and be out of my misery. I was determined to finish what I was already 6 miles into though. At about mile 10 my whole body was done, but I just kept thinking that if I just keep going it will all be over eventually, I can get my half of a banana, my cookie and be on my way. After the race it took a while for the family to load up and get back to our hotel and by then I wanted death to take me. No such luck.

The rest of the day was very unfun. I got stuck in a traffic jam 15 minutes from home and thought someone was playing a very cruel joke. After the traffic cleared, I had to throw up in an empty cinnamon bear bag while driving down the freeway at 65 miles an hour. I finally made it home, got all cleaned up, and took a three hour, but very unrestful nap. Omai had Bailey at the Graybills so I had the house to myself to re-cooperate and completely veg. I got to finish the second season of Chuck and also started the third. I probably spent a total of five hours on the couch watching TV and it was awesome. I didn't even feel guilty. I feel much better today and have decided to lay off the AC and train for half marathons.

2 comments:

Randi said...

oh my gosh girl! that sounds so awful! I am sorry that you didnt get to have much fun on your first real weekend by yourself since mommy-hood. Darn! Really glad that you dont have pics of yourself running with puke on you though, ugh!

Team Beardshall said...

I had no idea you were doing that!!! You are crazy, I would have opted for the Van, but the 8 hours of TV sounds nice too!!! Glad you are feeling better. Love all your pictures waiting to get rescued, sorry that happened what a bummer....looks like you made the most of your weekend!!!!