#navbar-iframe { height: 0px; visibility: hidden; display: none;} THE GRAYBILLS: Bailey's First Birthday Party

Bailey's First Birthday Party

Thursday, June 10, 2010

I had such a great time planning Bailey's birthday party and getting everything all ready. We invited the whole family including my family and Omai's family. With so many people coming we decided to have it at the church, which worked out perfectly.

Photobucket

The kids brought bikes or scooters so they kept themselves and some of the adults entertained for the afternoon.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

I ran the Riverton Half Marathon in the morning so I prepared as much as I could the day before so the party would be as stress-free as possible. My plan worked because everything turned out great and I wasn't stressed like I usually am for things like this. I made 4 dozen cupcakes and decorated them with my new cake decorating skills (not very impressive, but very fun to do). Turns out 4 dozen cupcakes are too many for 20 people to eat in one sitting. We had tons left over so we got to celebrate Bailey's party for a whole week and she got plenty of practice eating cake and making a total mess.

Photobucket

I also decorated Bailey's Giant Cupcake which was really fun too. I made a mistake though and left it on the counter in the sun before we left for the race in the morning so some of the frosting melted, but I was able to fix it for the most part.

Photobucket Photobucket

My mom showed up to the party with a car load of birthday decorations. She got hoola hoops for all the kids and tied balloons to them and spread them all over the gym floor. It looked really cute and filled the gym with color.

Photobucket

We ordered pizza from The Pie that was incredibly greasy and expensive, but oh so good.

After pizza, Bailey got to eat her cake. I think she was a little freaked out with everyone gathered around so she didn't dive into her cake like I was hoping.

Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

We gave her a small cupcake after the failed attempt with the giant cupcake that was more in line with her eating ability. She loved it and made a good and healthy mess all over.

Photobucket Photobucket

We got her all cleaned up and then she got to open presents. We had bought Bailey a stuffed soccer ball from Ikea a couple weeks before her birthday that she had been eyeing all week. I was tempted many times to give it to her before her party, but I resisted. When we finally gave it to her to open she buried her face in it and was so excited. It has become one of her favorite things to play with.

Photobucket

She got lots of fun toys and books from the whole family that made her day. She sits and plays for hours roaming from one toy to another pretending to read her books and talks to her toys or dances to her music.

Thanks everyone for helping to make Bailey's birthday special. I had a fun time and I'm sure she did too.

3 comments:

Team Beardshall said...

ha ha, so fun....I love the soccer ball picture! For easter we left Katy's basket on the counter she was eyeing that all week too. I dont think we'll be able to get away with that next year!!!! I'm impressed with your party and cake making skills!

Randi said...

looks like fun! first time seeing the cup-cake it turned out awesome!

sherryandbryon said...

I can't believe she's already one! She is so cute!